CANT OPEN! Final Cut Pro 7 - Compressor 4.3.2 - Quicktime 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
Hey guys so I've been using a certain camera the creates files similar to Go Pro's files. They are Cineform files. I use to open them for viewing with QT7 and edit them in FCPX but all of a sudden QT7 won't open, the current Compressor won't open and now i just noticed final cut pro 7 won't ether. Something seems corrupted and i can not pinpoint it. Seems like something having to do with the legacy product files or the Cineform plugin, Also this file will not play anymore in fcpx. Anyone have any idea what these apps share in common? Ive tried updating, deleting all the apps i mentioned, trashing preferences and all i get is a few bounces from the app then nothing. Appreciate the help!

OS 10.12.6

OP
CAMERA MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
Just solved it, not sure what i did this time that i didn't do but i trashed all folders having anything to do with quicktime, Cineform or final cut studio, reinstalled and everything started working again. I think the bug may have been inside of Cineform's decoder. Reinstalled that and videos play like they should.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just something to think about: Are any of the apps you're using for this workflow 32-bit. Apple has already announced plans to complete the shift away from 32 bit apps. This does not mean that 32 bit apps will suddenly become useless overnight but it does mean that, over time, 32 bit apps are going to perform less and less reliably unless upgraded,

Identifying 32 bit software on your Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.