Printing greeting card with iphoto prints text the wrong way

Reaction score
I am trying to print out a two sided card but the greetings text is the wrong side with my Epson xp 960...Any clues anyone to fix this please ?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I have nightmares printing cards and practise on plain paper first, making a note of which would be the 'glossy' side and the direction put in the printer. Admit it takes several attempts.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

How about telling us which software you're using to print the greeting cards and then maybe we can help.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have nightmares printing cards and practise on plain paper first, making a note of which would be the 'glossy' side and the direction put in the printer. Admit it takes several attempts.

That's the easy part. The text for the inside of the card is the same side as the photo on the front, so in other words when you open the folded 'card' instead of the text facing you it is on the left of the card upside down, so double sided printing yes but not as it should be with iphoto anyway

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK... you're printing directly from the iPhoto program. The version of iPhoto you're using (9.6) is an older version and iPhoto is no longer being supported by Apple. It was replaced by "Photos". Let me see if I can find a tutorial for you to follow....

OK, try following this tutorial. You also might want to practice on plain paper as recommended by Sue before printing your cards.

OP
M
Reaction score
OK... you're printing directly from the iPhoto program. The version of iPhoto you're using (9.6) is an older version and iPhoto is no longer being supported by Apple. It was replaced by "Photos". Let me see if I can find a tutorial for you to follow....

OK, try following this tutorial. You also might want to practice on plain paper as recommended by Sue before printing your cards.

OK thanks but not much help really. Yes iphoto is no more but photos gives exactly the same problem I am afraid - obviously some incompatibility with double sided printing with the epson :( If anyone can recommend another prog to try I would be most grateful, as I wanted to get this done by tonight if possible !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
To keep my sanity I've started printing the text on plain paper and fixing inside with a bit of adhesive down the crease.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have access to "Pages" you might try printing your greeting cards using that program. Pages is now free and can be downloaded from the Mac App Store. There are numerous free templates available for greeting cards and other bulletins. You may have to do some manual manipulating of the greeting card stock in order to get the print on opposite sides as you desire.

OP
M
Reaction score
Many thanks but have done what I needed to do with iphoto, pages looks good though but I can only get it on my ipad, not on Yosemite for some reason hmm ! It just does'nt download

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In order to download the latest version of Pages you need to be running El Capitan. 10.11.X

OP
M
Reaction score
In order to download the latest version of Pages you need to be running El Capitan. 10.11.X

Infact as I found out not even El Capitan will allow you to install this now, it has to be macOS !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What then do you want to do? If you can update to Sierra, then do so. Otherwise you'll need to find another program. I also own "iStudio Publisher" which you can purchase from the Mac App store. That program has many different greeting card templates available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.