Bootcamp error - can´t reinstall again windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If in the past i installed without much headache windows with bootcamp.Now after i add another ssd instead of dvdrom is not possible to put it back anymore :(
Always some strange errors and installation can´t be done.
Windows 10 gives error : you can´t put this window and I tried to put windows 8.1 but some strange issue :
*Windows cannot be installed.The selected disk has an MBR partition table.On EFI systems windows can only be installed to gpt disk
*Windows cannot be installed to this hdd.Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS.
*When I format partition and installation proceed ( same as in forums support from apple) I got some strange error code 0x000005
Doesn´t matter what i try like in forums :
https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/#/bcmp173b3bf2
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5474614?start=15

Please some suggestion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Tell us about the Mac you ae attempting to install Bootcamp and Windows onto?

Mac model?
Year?
Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version?
System Specs, also include internal drive type and size?
Also, if you have access to multiple Macs?

OP
B
Reaction score
Tell us about the Mac you ae attempting to install Bootcamp and Windows onto?

Mac model?
Year?
Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version?
System Specs, also include internal drive type and size?
Also, if you have access to multiple Macs?

imac 27"
mid2011

sierra
i7,3.4ghz /2gb gpu/32gb ddram/2 ssd 1tb+500gb owc and 4tb WD red
on 500gb is installed ios and i want to put bootcamp with windows on 1tb ssd
mention
i had previosly bootcamp on hdd and worked ok ;after replaced hdd and add another ssd 1tb so many stupid errors when i try to install windows system from usb
I installed in past bootcamp no problem just now crap

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can you clarify something for me? As I understand it you had a hard drive in your system with the Bootcamp partition on that drive. You have now replaced that drive with two SSDs. You now have a system with two SSDs in place. Is this correct so far?

If you are using the 512 GB SSD as the boot drive I suspect that Windows is "seeing" the 1 TB SSD as a second drive and not permitting the installation to continue. Remember the Microsoft anti piracy measures assume that Windows is on the primary drive.

OP
B
Reaction score
No,please read my messages above again and see errors what i have in that links.Are 3 disks.one is ios and 2 empty.In one 1tb ssd i want to put windows with bootcamp.nothing is working to install on bootcamp.the errors are there in links

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@bvrobert:

Moderator Slydude is correct in his analysis of your problem. You stated in your post above that you removed the DVD drive and replaced it with a SSD.

imac 27"
mid2011

sierra
i7,3.4ghz /2gb gpu/32gb ddram/2 ssd 1tb+500gb owc and 4tb WD red
on 500gb is installed ios and i want to put bootcamp with windows on 1tb ssd
mention
i had previosly bootcamp on hdd and worked ok ;after replaced hdd and add another ssd 1tb so many stupid errors when i try to install windows system from usb
I installed in past bootcamp no problem just now crap

You can not install Windows 10 on the 1 TB SSD because of the anti-piracy policy from Microsoft. And... Boot Camp will not allow you to install to that drive unless it's the primary boot drive for OS X (not iOS - iOS is for iPhones and iPads.)

If you want Windows 10 to install correctly using Boot Camp, you must install it on the 500 GB SSD where OS X resides. Either that or completely re-do everything and make the 1 TB SSD the primary drive and place OS X on it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi
I don´t need to install w10 directly,i´m trying first w8.1 or w7 enterprise with license.And just after that w10 upgrade.What you are saying is a nonsens.I had previously windows 8.1 on my hdd and worked without problem.I don´t want to install windows in same ssd as ios,just in a new ssd instead of hdd like i had before.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Fine. If you do not wish to listen to advice from us, then do things your own way. And again, iOS is for iPhones and iPads NOT your Mac. And we are through here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.