cookies that refuse to delete

Reaction score
am currently in india and am very careful as to cache, tracking , plugins etc.... after removing cookies "bcp.gov.in" it keeps returning, w/o being on line.....i dont like the implications nor the intrusion (thinking about a vpn but if this is coming through the router im not sure it will work) ....the provider is bsnl, a hybrid a private / govt enterprise that recently has been inserting adverts into customer base w/o permission, have been able to block w/ u block...but blocking ads~being tracked are two different things....am using up to date el capitan on late 2015 imac any thoughts.....
thanks
.d

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Dennis

May I, without offence, ask you how you are doing this?

Usually, the process is: Open Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Click on "Manage Website Data". Let the window populate. Then click-to-highlight any cookie you don't want, then "Remove".

Or you can choose "Remove All", which does just that.

Is this the method you are using?

Ian

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
Ian,
Thank you for the consideration of my tech savvy, the local guru calls it "unique"......yes employed the method mentioned above along with deleting safari, application, flash and extensions cookies and caches,... employing the use of disk aid, easy find while disconnected from internet... just now opened users library>safari>bookmark plst to desk top>delete library safari>dock start safari>load bookmark plst back to library....."bcp.gov.in" disappeared for the time being ....Now the biggest concern is origin, and how to protect against its reoccurrence...........thanks for responding and if you have any defensive strategies they would appreciated ......
d.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The URL is forn the Bangalore City Police. Any chance you had visited that web site?

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
thats the only site i could find for that bcp.gov.in and i may have been looking some time ago but i would think with all the removals since then those particular cookies should have deleted...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I love cookies! Send them to me and I will get rid of them. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
+1!! I'm with toMACsh on that note.

But seriously, why not just use Safari's "Private Browsing" option???

No cookies, trace or tracks etc. AFAIK

For some more info check out Apple's kb article:
Safari for Mac: Use Private Browsing windows in Safari
https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21413?locale=en_CA

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.