Logitech keyboard problem

Reaction score
New K780 keyboard works straight out of the box with OSX 10.11.6, except:

the "alt"+del" (correct keys on this layout) wont delete anything--files, text in address or search bars... nowt. Except iTunes files.

LOgitech's support service maintains the case is "unresolved". And after emailng me encouraging me to reply by email--instead of navigating the maze of the support site--I get an automated reply saying L no longer does email response.

:Not-Amused:

Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers...

OP
C
Reaction score
nice try: but the key labelled "alt" works as the mac "⌘" key when the keyboard is linked to a mac, and it's in that position, either side of the big spacer bar; so I'm pressing "⌘"+"del".
Turns out plain "del" works in some situations, still trying to figure out which ones: but still no file delete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
alt works as option. ⌘ works as command.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How about this?

There are six rows on the keyboard with the top row, function keys in alternate mode, including an escape key, home key, media control keys, a delete key, and the three device switch buttons.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/logite...fast-text-entry-on-computer-phone-and-tablet/

Another site says:
Delete is small, right above backspace.

Or maybe:
Of course, as a compact keyboard, it lacks a dedicated numeric keypad, as well as Home, End, Forward Delete, Page Up, and Page Down keys, though you can accomplish those five actions by pressing the fn key in combination with Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Delete, Up Arrow, or Down Arrow, respectively. Similarly, fn-Escape emulates the Sleep command.
http://www.macworld.com/article/203...sy-switch-keyboard-pairs-with-everything.html

Maybe…???

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Do you have the Logitech Control Center in System Utilities?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 512 SSD, Samsung 28" UHD (though 2560x1440 and looks awesome), Logitech K780
Found a work-around to cmd-del not deleting files

This is a lovely keyboard for the Mac except for the little (BIG to me until I found the work around) nuance of not deleting a file when pressing cmd-del combination while highlighting a file in Finder.

This does work for me however-

cmd-back

I looked at my MacBook Pro keyboard to see where the delete key is relative to other keys and that made it look like a 'back' key might work. Perhaps other keys will also be discovered. I purchased this keyboard yesterday and love the weight, round keys, low stroke, device holder, key wells, price, and finally that it works against more than one device. It could be perfect with a tad more work on the part of Logitech: Keymap to MacBook Pro exactly via key name and remove the need to install an app to get function keys to be function keys and not shortcut keys when pressed without the 'fn' key.

Dave
www.threestrand.com
Custom Mobile Applications

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It could be perfect with a tad more work on the part of Logitech: Keymap to MacBook Pro exactly via key name and remove the need to install an app to get function keys to be function keys and not shortcut keys when pressed without the 'fn' key.

Maybe your own website could help out a bit, especially when it says:
CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

:Blushing:

and not shortcut keys when pressed without the 'fn' key.
BTW: I hear that's just what some MB and MBPro users with the sticky key call some of their keys — "darn F'n key"!!! :Blushing:

Sorry…

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 512 SSD, Samsung 28" UHD (though 2560x1440 and looks awesome), Logitech K780
:) the key is aptly named lol!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.