mouse deletes 2 emails

Reaction score
Mac 10.12.5

Mouse deletes 2 emails at a time......After getting thru several emails, mouse may revert to correct single deletion....any ideas?

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

Mouses don't delete anything. They just point to things. People delete things. So, what are you doing when you delete two? And while we are at it, what mail application, what steps are you using, what are you seeing on the screen. You will have to be specific, since we cannot see your screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What mouse are you using and has it possibly developed a double-click when you're normally doing a single click.

Some Logitech mouses are bad for that, and I have and use some of them!!!

Also check you Mouse prefpane click speed settings.

- Patrick
======

OP
B
Reaction score
Well of course mouses don't delete anything!Your condescending attitude does nothing to encourage my faith in accepting your offer of welcome and assistance.

My finger rests on the button, depresses same, and this results in the first highlighted message being deleted, followed by a second (the immediate following) message also being deleted. This may go on for 2/3/4 depressions, and then suddenly stops, and single deletions occur. No predictable number of times in this misfiring of deletions pattern. That which I am seeing is my mailbox "INBOX" in a vertical list.Version 10.3 (3273)

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes, I am using a Logitech mouse. I had played around with the speed function thinking that a fast speed might cause the problem, but this is not the case . I have left the speed at the slowest rate. Thank you for alerting me to the Logi mouse as possibly being the culprit. I shall endeavour to try a different mouse.

M

MacInWin

Barbara, I'm sorry you took it that way. You were the one who said your mouse was deleting mail, not me.

I do have a suggestion, but since you don't trust me any more, I won't bother you with it.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I am using a Logitech mouse. I had played around with the speed function thinking that a fast speed might cause the problem, but this is not the case . I have left the speed at the slowest rate. Thank you for alerting me to the Logi mouse as possibly being the culprit. I shall endeavour to try a different mouse.

I have three Logitech M705 mouses and one was replaced on warranty some years ago and then it started the annoying double-click and so did a spare I had after only less than a year of use so I'm using my third spare now while I get the others hopefully replaced.

No change in software click speed seems to improve things and if your's isn't covered by replacement or warranty, there are some sites if you're handy for fixing the goofy microswitch spring. Just use a google search like this:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=_atNWbaHO8re8AeQ0pCYDg

This site will show you what's involved, and the fiddly fix and what the cause of the problem is:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/

PS: The double-clicks aren't actually deleting 2 emails at a time etc. but are deleting each email in sequence so fast that it just appears that it is.

PPS: And yes I do normally enjoy using my Logitech M705 mouses and they often get rave reviews. And great if and when they're on sale for about 1/3 regular retail price. :$

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again for your suggestions and input!

Have you now got yourself a good working mouse, and mousepad, and have they solved your problem???

- Patrick
======

OP
B
Reaction score
Need a recommendation for another mouse manufacturer. I'd like to stay away from the Logitech, and am unwilling to 'just accept' a sales' person's recommendation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Need a recommendation for another mouse manufacturer.

My personal choice would be:
#1 = Logitech
#2 = Microsoft

As you want to stay away from #1 for some reason, then go with #2 or whatever mouse brand that's Mac OS X compatible. Most are, but not all. Check the specs.

And maybe check out some reviews depending on what you're looking for in a mouse.

And I'd strongly suggest to don't go overboard. i.e.: do NOT buy a high end and expensive gaming mouse if you don't do any gaming.

And I do not like any Apple mouse, nor their over-priced price!!

Maybe start here and/or make some refinements for your search, like wired or wireless; usb or bluetooth etc.:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=1BhTWYCgCuTe8Afp0YKICg

My annoying experience with Bluetooth mouses is their lag and slow response. But maybe some have improved.

And no need to pay MSRP when so many are often on sale, sometimes for about 1/2± the suggested price.

PS: Try them out in the store to check how each feels for fit and size!!!

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.