How to delete a user with mobile config

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to delete an account but I just can't even with full admin rights. A particularity of that account is that it was created from Active Directory. I think that is why it is considered a mobile account (see picture)
IMG_0249 (Medium).JPG

My question is how do can I delete that account for good? I have no options to do that.

Thanks for your help
Dag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the account was created from within Active Directory, have you tried going into Active Directory (if you have permissions) and remove it that way?

OP
D
Reaction score
Removing an Active directory account does not remove the local account on a computer at least with windows OS. The other problem is that this account is still needed because it is linked to other software (Outlook for example).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I understand now. You likely will have to log on to your Mac as Root to remove that particular user mobile account. That should not have any impact on the account itself but only the user (which is what I think you want). Ordinarily, you do not have permissions to remove an account created for mobile use.

Follow these instructions (in English) on how to enable the Root user on your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.