• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD chapter submenu issue

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am running iDVD 7.1.2 on a mac pro utilizing OS 10.6.8

I've created some video in FCP 7, a ballet in two acts. I have done all the correct steps in FCP in order to create chapter markers in each of the two acts. When I export from FCP to quicktime movie (make movie self contained) I make sure to check 'include chapter markers'. I've exported both act one and act two as separate movies in this manner. My iDVD preferences are set to 'create chapter submenus' when importing movies. Here is the issue I'm having. When I import the movie 'act one' into iDVD it creates the chapter submenus just fine. When I import the second movie 'act two', iDVD does not create chapter submenus for that movie. I am absolutely confounded. I've done a project like this in the past and and did NOT have this issue.

Does anyone have an idea on what might be happening and how to resolve this issue? I've got to get these DVD's created and burned asap. I have DVD Studio Pro but am not familiar with that software. I've always used the easy, straight forward iDVD to author DVD's.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.