mac mail – os10.12 won't add image to signatures

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post...
I'm on os10.12.5 – in mac mail trying to add my company logo in colour to my email signature.
All the google searches I've tried suggest it's as easy as drag/drop to add an image to your signature but it doesn't seem to work for me?
I can drag and drop, cut and paste, but no change in settings seems to allow the image to actually embed.
Instead the image that is pasted into the signature area appears as an icon/file only and never shows up in the email.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
Mark

image wont embed.jpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I guess you've already read most of the "how to" articles like these??

http://osxdaily.com/2016/07/21/create-image-email-signature-mail-mac/
http://osxdaily.com/2016/02/03/make-html-signature-mac-mail-os-x/

but you may want to try this "new & improved" method:
How to Make an HTML Signature in Apple Mail for Sierra OS X 10.12
http://matt.coneybeare.me/how-to-make-an-html-signature-in-apple-mail-for-sierra-os-x-10-dot-12/

As it says:
There are plenty of tutorials online to create an HTML signature in Apple Mail with older versions of OS X, and you have probably already seen one of my own tutorials on how to add HTML Signatures in Lion, Mountain Lion, iOS 7, Mavericks or Yosemite, El Capitan, but the process has changed ever so slightly for the new OS X Sierra (10.12). Here is how to do it:

Note: I might also mention that many users hate receiving emails with elaborate signatures. Just saying…

Anyway, maybe that will work for you. But I must say it seems like as big PITA method and not exactly simple to get done.

- Patrick
======

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Patrick
Yes, have read them all. The first two end up with the result as attached in first post, the third method simply appears blank?
It's as if there's a bug or something wrong with my Mail app?
I did notice something odd when following another version of the third option you mention –*it said in the library folder there should be one called V3 but I only have V2 and V4?
Also, I can't confirm whether any of these suggestions are specifically relevant to OS10.12.5 Sierra?
M

OP
S
Reaction score
In terms of elaborate signatures I can completely relate but I'm in a work environment of PC's and users are required to have company logo...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It's as if there's a bug or something wrong with my Mail app?

I would be inclined to agree but I'd put more emphasis on macOS Sierra 10.12.x generally from my small experience with it and many smaller detail stuff not working properly.

And yes, sometimes one has to do what one is told they have to do unless they buy the company. :Blushing:

Maybe some more specific googling might yield a solution.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.