IDVD Ver 7.03 Prefs shaded

Reaction score
Just purchased ilife '09 to get idvd.
loaded it, successfully?, on my MacBook Pro 2014 model.
also updated it to ver 7.04 and then ver 7.1.1, downloaded from the official Apple support site.
Can't seem to change any prefs since prefs
is greyed out.

The main IDVD popup works so there appears to be functionality.

Someone on the net previously posted something about this version has exceeded some time limit that
Apple set not allowing installation. It was suggested that setting system clock back a few years might
solve this install issue, but I don't know if this issue is related.

Any thoughts?

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

What do you mean with this:
oaded it, successfully?, on my MacBook Pro
Did it install properly? Throw error messages? What version of macOS? The last version that Roaring Apps says will run is 7.1.2 on El Capitan (10.11). After that, no reports on compatibility.

Setting your clock back will probably NOT fix this, and may well muck up your entire system (time stamps are on every file and the system is constantly updating things in the background, so messing with the time will lead to issues down the road.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: The preferences in iDVD will be grayed out until you either edit an existing project or create a new one. And yes, iDVD does still work as it works with Sierra. However, my iMac does not have a built in DVD drive nor am I using an Apple DVD drive so iDVD will not work on my machine.

Your 2014 MacBook Pro does not have a DVD drive so you will either have to buy an Apple DVD drive or use a different program to create DVDs. Roxio Toast (expensive) is one such application or you can use the free "Burn". Please note that the iDVD program has options that other programs do not have. It is indeed a shame that Apple no longer supports the iDVD program and allows other than Apple drives to be used.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply. Prefs showed available after I created a new project

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.