• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

need help with logitech s530 keyboard

Reaction score
So, i bought this Logitech s530 keyboard. and its up and running, but i have seemed to misplaced the owners manual and there are all these side keys for iTunes, Mail, and Spotlight. but i cant work them cause i dont know how to set them up. the power on/off button works just fine. as well as the computer volume control.

does anyone here have this keyboard and could maybe help me out with this issue?

thanks,

iHeartSTI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is theres a pref pane for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
don't you need logitech control center?

OP
I
Reaction score
ok, so i dont know what a pref pane is NOR a logitech control center...im new *sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Are you still using the S530? I am trying to find a good wireless keyboard and mouse. I just bought the microsoft laser 6000 but the mouse feels very "heavy" when moving it around. I have the mouse speed all the way to fast but it just doesn't feel right.

How does the logitech mouse feel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
S530 is great, I recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
When you move the mouse around the screen does it feel smooth? The mouse i am using now it feels like i have to give so much effort. like when i want to minimize a screen sometimes i either over shoot or i have to go super slow to get it on the icon. I've never had this problem before. maybe its because i am using a microsoft mouse/keyboard on a Mac? I didn't find out about the Logitech until after i bought my current mouse/keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
Sorry that I am late coming to this post but I just bought two sets of logitech s530 keyboard and mx600 mouse combo for my laptop and mini both running 10.4.6 and the newest logitech control center from their website.

Keyboard works great.

Mouse feels heavy, does not respond the greatest to positioning. Always seems to want to move just a pixel or two past where I want to place it. Could be me. But I doubt it.

After "every" restart I have to reset the mouse tracking speed, because it will just race across the screen with the slightest movement. Logging off or sleep does not effect the settings, just a restart. Mouse settings not holding.

Have done all the troubleshooting that logitech recommends about accounts and administrator rights.

This problem is evident on both computers. One at home and one at work.

Called it in to logitech today and they are going to send me a whole new set of keyboard, mouse and usb receiver. Try it and if it works call them again for the replacement of the other set. Good customer service. But I don't think it is going to solve my problem as both units do exactly the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.