iPhone 6 problems with gps / wi-fi

Reaction score
Hi,

Thought I might try my luck here. Have this iPhone 6 that has problems with wi-fi (very weak signal and dropping), also GPS is not working at all, always off the road, not going along the street when the phone does. Bluetooth is quite ok,, though I can hear some stutter when listening to music from time to time.

I have tried resetting network settings to no avail. Then thought this should be simple as just changing the antenna component, did that but nothing changed (have two spare antenna components, will try the other one in a bit).

iOS 10.3.1

Don't want to take this phone to service as it is not worth it.

Suggestions welcome and thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Maybe time for a new phone? Lots of things can cause a weak signal other than the hardware itself. Assume you already have taken that into consideration?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Last edited:
OP
V
Reaction score
Maybe time for a new phone? Lots of things can cause a weak signal other than the hardware itself. Assume you already have taken that into consideration?

Good point, but still why buy a new one if you can fix the same one? Fun fact - I have just bricked my phone trying to change antenna again :)))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Good point, but still why buy a new one if you can fix the same one? Fun fact - I have just bricked my phone trying to change antenna again :)))

It sounds like you're trying to fix the problem using a mortar rocket and sledgehammer…

OP
V
Reaction score
It sounds like you're trying to fix the problem using a mortar rocket and sledgehammer…

I have fixed many iPhones with various issues before and never bricked one... I am lucky this one is mine...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have fixed many iPhones with various issues before and never bricked one... I am lucky this one is mine...

Like I said above, time for a new phone. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.