apple ID

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
how to sync apple ID on all devices

Gee, a bit more or a description on what you're wanting to know and do would probably get you some proper helpful and informative answers.

Well I sure don't know what you're wanting to do… :[

- Patrick
======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Some good finds Ian.

I wonder if we'll hear any more from Libby N????

- Patrick
======

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, you seem like such a great bunch - I've been trying to pin my problem down, but it seems sporadic - please forgive - having a bit of trouble keeping up with all this. I will get back when I've figured out what exactly is wrong.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm sorry guys, you seem like such a great bunch - I've been trying to pin my problem down, but it seems sporadic - please forgive - having a bit of trouble keeping up with all this. I will get back when I've figured out what exactly is wrong.
It's exactly this kind of situation we might be able to help with but we need a bit more information. It would help to know the following:
1. Which OS version are you using?
2. Which devices are you trying to synch the Apple ID across?
3. What exactly goes wrong when you try to sync things?

OP
L
Reaction score
I think my problem may be something called Mindspark - upon a bit of research I find it's malware. It put hpmyway.com on my toolbar - I did not know where it came from - there was no content on page - I clicked it and that's when I discovered Mindspark. I was suspicious and decided not to click anything else, especially the uninstall link in tiny letters at the bottom of the page. I have an iMac OS X El Capitan ver. 10.11.6. If you could advise how to get rid of this thing I would be most appreciative.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Libby

This is a quote from one of my Links:

"The Mindspark Toolbar it’s technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience. The industry generally refers to it as a “PUP,” or potentially unwanted program."

This comes from: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7187826?start=0&tstart=0

This Link tells you more although it is aimed at PC users: https://www.enigmasoftware.com/mindsparktoolbars-removal/

One of our most recommended apps - Malwarebytes Anti Malware for Macs will get rid of this pest for you: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2014/11/mindspark-toolbars/

Hopefully, this will assist you in understanding the nuisance of Mindspark and how to delete it - which I suggest you do with haste.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.