Shabby disc with .mpp file

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have an old scratched disc which contains corrupt MS project file 2000. The effect of the whole project or just part of it. I want to clean the disk from scratch, but I'm afraid the project is lost or I have to completely rebuild.
Secondly the project does not appear when I launch this .mpp file. How do I repair ms project file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Are you certain it is a Project file? That file type (.mpp) is also used as a music file type.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi guys.
I have an old scratched disc which contains corrupt MS project file 2000.

Do you mean a "scratched disk" or a "scratch disk". They mean VERY different things.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi guys.
I have an old scratched disc which contains corrupt MS project file 2000. The effect of the whole project or just part of it. I want to clean the disk from scratch, but I'm afraid the project is lost or I have to completely rebuild.
Secondly the project does not appear when I launch this .mpp file. How do I repair ms project file?

You really need to ask this question in our sister forum "Windows Secrets". Our forum is for those folks running Windows on their Macs or other operating systems on their Macs.

Reaction score
Automatically repair Microsoft Project
You can automatically repair Microsoft Project using Microsoft Project 2000 or later versions only.

Caution: when you use Detect and Repair in Microsoft Project, the program automatically finds and fixes errors in all Microsoft Office files. By default, some personalized settings are restored, such as a user name or recently used file settings. However, you may want to discard these personalized settings if you suspect they have been corrupted.

Reaction score
When repairing errors in Office files, the following default settings may be reset:
The Office Assistant character selection
The size of the program window
Menu and toolbar positions and customization
Security levels
View settings
Also, most recently used entries on the File menu are removed. And you need to reenter your user name and initials when you restart Microsoft Project.

Reaction score
If this standard way does not help, then you can try to restore the file from backup, or in an extreme case, you can help Project Repair Kit that can extract information from the damaged file and save it in desired format. visit this website. http://www.project.repair/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.