Wireless Network : Computer to Computer

Reaction score
I have a desktop and a notebook that I would like to create a network with. I'd like to be able to transfer and share files between the two. Currently, I have a wireless network between the two of them. On is a PC and the other is a MBP. I tried creating a computer to computer network on the MBP, but I couldn't find the shared drive using the Finder in the MBP.

How do I go about configuring the network. Do I need to set this up on both ends? Set up the computer-to-computer network on the notebook and the desktop and then share the folders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
I'm not sure exactly how it would work between a MBP and PC, but here's a few things to try. First, make sure you have Windows file sharing turned on in the Sharing pane of the System Preferences. Once you create the computer-to-computer network on the MBP, it should show up as one of the available wireless networks to join on the PC (I'm not positive about this, but I believe that's how it should work)...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.