Safari Specific Problem

Reaction score
I am running a late 2013 iMac with 16GB and the latest Sierra. Safari is slow at times and ok other times. Safari is giving me problems on a few sites. Chrome works fine and is almost always faster than Safari, but I prefer Safari.

One specific is logging in to OPM (Office of Personal Management). After entering user name and password, a box appears asking you to agree to the terms and conditions. You are supposed to click on "OK" at the bottom. Using Safari there is no "OK" at the bottom but a button for "Close." The site will not accept this and hitting login again brings the box back up and its groundhog day.

Using Chrome the box comes up and at the bottom the button is "OK" and everything works fine. In Safari I am using BlockAdd Pro and Ghostery. I'm open for suggestions. I also run Malabytes and have no virus programs installed.

M

MacInWin

You may need to pause Ghostery at the OPM site. There are sites that use the popup function to display some items, and Ghostery blocks that. What I do is go to the site, pause blocking on Ghostery, reload the site and then all works properly. Just remember to resume blocking in Ghostery when you leave OPM.

OP
M
Reaction score
You may need to pause Ghostery at the OPM site. There are sites that use the popup function to display some items, and Ghostery blocks that. What I do is go to the site, pause blocking on Ghostery, reload the site and then all works properly. Just remember to resume blocking in Ghostery when you leave OPM.
Thanks for your reply. I tried that and also diabled BlockAdd Pro. The dialogue box remains the same with the only option being "Close".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you say 'they will not accept this' sounds like a one track mind MS technician with no Mac experience will not be budged. It may be set up for Google software even, so you may have to stick with Chrome and be tracked.

Sometimes it can be tough dealing with folk who see themselves as a nation's defenders tucking their super hero capes into their underpants!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.