OS 9 as startup disk

S

SomeOne

i have a problem with an application that i was told could be solved if i booted OS 9 in the Startup Disk preference
sadly i cannot find OS 9 on the startup disk, all it gave me was OS 10.4.6 and Network Startup
how can i get OS 9 to show up?

thanks in advance for any help

OP
L

lil

More than likely you have a newer Mac, then you will not have OS 9 installed nor can you boot it any more as its an old OS.

What is the application you are having issues with and what is the problem?

Vicky

OP
S

SomeOne

I can run the eviroment, but i cant find the OS 9 file for the start up disk option in the system preferences
im trying to run Pillars of Garendall, which cannot run in OS X without crashing, and cannot save and runs badly in the eviroment
my iMac is 10.4.6 and is a 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5 (isnt PowerPC a laptop?

so what i need to do is set classic as my start up disk, so that im not on OS X with the classic enviroment but on OS 9

OP
L

lil

The answer is you cannot sadly, you can run Classic but not boot into Classic. This has been the case since 2004 with all Macs.

PowerPC (or PPC) is a type of chip—maybe you are thinking of PowerBook? Macs between 1994 and 2006 have used the PowerPC chip in various guises.

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.