Attaching PDF files to emails

Reaction score
I have exported a PAGES file as PDF and filed, but when I try to attach that file to an email the system insists on including the entire document as script instead of as a pdf icon.
What am I doing wrong?
Richard

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Good Evening, Richard.

"What am I doing Wrong?" - Nothing.

This often happens. If you want to attach something to an email and you don't want it embedded, easiest thing to do is put the attachment (in your case a PDF, could be a photo) into a Folder.

So, create a Folder, pop the attachment into that and add the Folder to the email.

Hope that helps. Please post back. We are here to help.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Right click on the PDF in your email, and choose "View As Icon".

OP
E
Reaction score
Very grateful thanks, Ian and MightGem. I tried both methods and sent emails to other addresses I have on my old WIN XP system
The folder way seemed complicated for the recipient because it was zipped and with many people not being familiar with that I sahh just keep it in reserve.
MightyGem's solution worked fine and is so simple.....................I guess this is all down to my continued learning experience - I am getting there.
Thank you both so much for your help. We switchers are so grateful for your experience Guys out there who know all the tricks.
Richard

M

MacInWin

Richard (exgarymac), just be aware that how the pdf is seen on the other end is determined by the settings on THAT end of the chain. You can select "view as icon" but if the recipient has set up email to display attachments in-line, they will see it that way, no matter what you do. That's just how email works on ALL systems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.