A bit of a dilemma

Reaction score
Hi all
I hope someone can help me.
Let me explain my 2009 c class has standard radio/cd with Bluetooth and it works great BUT
To be totally hands free (and legal) I do not want to have to press home button to activate Siri.
In my workshop as I do a very dirty and dusty job,so I don't get my iPhone 6 dirty I use a device called a plantronic K100 5 years old and I can activate Siri to call any no in my phone send a text or email.
I don't want to do that in car just activate Siri to make a call or read a text I have looked at a satechi home button but from what I have seen on internet it doesn't play with IOS 10 any body got any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance Dell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
Is your question "how can I use Siri on my iPhone 6 in the car without touching my phone?

If so, just plug it in to power and set Siri to "hey Siri" ON. Then just say "hey Siri" and ask her to do all the regular things for you.

OP
Dells
Reaction score
Thanks for reply
I have got hey Siri on but I have to shout that loud to activate it frightens people in car behind but once activated I can talk normall.
Dell

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that since "Hey Siri" has to initially be heard over the road noise and auto noise. Perhaps wireless headphones with a built in Mic would help but if you're like me, there is no way I would wear headphones while driving. Not safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.