AirPort Extreme Connectivity

Reaction score
I just got a new AirPort Extreme. If it's helpful, we have Spectrum internet, 300 Mbps. I have it all hooked up & its operating my 2015 iMac as expected. However, our iPhone 6's and Samsung Smart TV cannot get an internet connection. The unit come up on the list of wifi signals & the password has been entered, but both phones & tv say there is no internet connection. I've called Apple & they've been no help! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. One final point: I am NOT tech savvy, so try to keep that in mind. ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Sunny.... - welcome to the forum! :) Open your AirPort Utility (APU), and check the screen captures below from my APU app - I've selected 3 tabs - make sure that your settings are identical - also assume you have 'named' your Wi-Fi network which is your SSID (Service Set ID) - let us know if these settings help.

If your settings are as shown, then 'power recycle' your modem and router, i.e. turn off power or pull the AC plugs, wait a minute or so, then repower the modem first and then the router - also tell us whether your Spectrum modem also has a router? Dave
APUtility1.png
APUtility2.png
APUtility3.png

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Rad Dave!

That did the trick!:Cool: Thanks. And yes, I do have a Router/Modem in one but called Spectrum to have it put in bridge mode, so I'm thinking that helped as well. I have another issue but I'll post in a separate thread because it's not directly related.

Thanks again!

Lisa :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Rad Dave!

That did the trick!:Cool: Thanks. And yes, I do have a Router/Modem in one but called Spectrum to have it put in bridge mode, so I'm thinking that helped as well. I have another issue but I'll post in a separate thread because it's not directly related.

Great Lisa - glad to help - yep, when you have 2 routers, one should be put in 'bridge mode' and the other controlling your DHCP/NAT protocols, i.e. assigning and 'keeping straight' when assigning 'internal' IP addresses to your devices on the home network. Will look for your other question. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.