Running Windows Applications on a Macbook Air

Reaction score
Hi
I have a 13" Macbook Air. I want to be able to run Microsoft Flight simulator. I have this program on an external hard drive. What would be the best option for running the flight simulator. I only have 60GB left on my Mac's HD.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your best option to run that is to use Windows. The MBA is not a good machine for running virtual machines on, so you'd have go down the BootCamp route to install Windows natively on it and then install the flight simulator. You'll need a get a copy of Windows 10 for starters and lose a good chunk of that 60GB of storage to make Windows happy..

You might be able to grab a cheap Windows computer and use that instead..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When I needed to don this I purchased a Dell Latitude Notebook. Your hard drive is not large enough alas.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Yep, I agree, get yourself a cheap or second hand Windows PC. Boot Camp which is really your only choice requires you to purchase a copy of Windows OS which will set you back around half of the cost of a second hand Windows Laptop. Plus the min size of a Windows partition on your MBP would be at least 50Gb and you only have 60.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.