Purgeable data on SSD HD on my Mac Pro 2015

Reaction score
When I have checked my storage on my Mac Pro 2015 it shows that there is quite a lot of purgeable data that I should be able to delete, how do I do that please?

Many thanks

Julian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I would recommend downloading Onyx - see link in my signature - and install it. It is a free app although you can donate to help the author. Be sure to get the correct version for your OS. When you first open it Onyx will check you disk then open a menu screen. Select Automation and run the default. That will clean out all the cache data and empty the trash which should then free up the purgeable area.

Lisa

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, jrmgolem.

I'm totally with Lisa on this. (OnyX)

As a read, you might like to cast your eye on this Apple Support document which goes into some detail on what you could do to optimise storage and how to turn it on/off.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206996

However, if you ever thought of going down that route, read around the subject carefully. Is it really for you?

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
On a Mac Pro with a large hard drive it should not be a concern, or maybe you mean a MacBook Pro?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.