Mac keyboard Windows 10, alt (option key) doesn't work

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm using Windows 10 on a PC (not hackintosh). I've connected a apple keyboard (wired) and it works great except that when i press the alt key (option), my computer doesn't respond. I've tried alt+tab but nothing happens, even when i try to map the alt key, it won't find anything when i press alt.

Tips?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are using a PC, you are better of grabbing a regular Windows keyboard, they are quite cheap..

OP
T
Reaction score
If you are using a PC, you are better of grabbing a regular Windows keyboard, they are quite cheap..

Wow.... That's very helpful....... I've got several Windows keyboards, but that's not relevant. Any other that want's to help?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So I'm not clear on what the goal is if you have access to Windows keyboard to use with a PC running Windows. If this was a Mac running Windows through BootCamp, that's a different story..

OP
T
Reaction score
So I'm not clear on what the goal is if you have access to Windows keyboard to use with a PC running Windows. If this was a Mac running Windows through BootCamp, that's a different story..

Please stop typing your opinions. I want help, not opinions wether you'd like me to use a PC keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Wow....have you posed your question on a Windos board...maybe they're smarter than Mac users. Why do you want to use an Apple keyboard instead of something for a pc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Absolutely unbelievable rudeness. I think we caught a troll.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please stop typing your opinions. I want help, not opinions wether you'd like me to use a PC keyboard.

When you post something that makes no sense and someone is trying to give you good advice, and you still insist... then it's probably time to move on. If you wish to use an Apple keyboard, that's fine and is up to you. You weren't getting opinions, you were getting advice. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.