Valid or not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 21.5in. (late 2013), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDI
Hi guys...got this email from Apple Service ([email protected])

[url redacted]

Just wondering if this is a valid email since I have never bought the music pack from Apple..

Below is the link embedded in the email

Thank you for your assistance...

W.G.W.

[url redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I have not been tempted to click on your links. They may be okay, but I don't feel like taking the risk.

What I can say is that if Apple corresponds with you, it identifies you and addresses you by name using the means of address agreed by you when you set up your Apple ID.

Anything that comes [email protected] is NOT from Apple.

Spoof, scam or phishing emails purportedly from Apple are on the increase. Beware.

Ian

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
really? what...click on the lightshot link...just a picture of the email....and it said apple service but that was the email addy..and when you click on the link it takes you to a secure https:// apple website asking for your apple id and password (I did not input either).

Website url: [url redacted]

email1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pls take a look a the pic below of the email....

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
You can see how very clever these crooks are. Name, address, copyright symbol; the lot; appears about right.

But the clues are there as I said in my first post: "Dear Clients" is a giveaway; the URL is all wrong (but close enough to fool); and the really clever way they say "if did not initiate this purchase" etc. If you clicked on that, they'd get you as well by asking for your Apple ID with PW.

Ian

M

MacInWin

BTW, as a rule, I never click on a link in an email, even if I think it could be honest and OK. If I do think I need to check with some company about the email contents, I go to the website by typing in the known good address (or using a known good bookmark). Then I know where I am and feel safer in entering in login data. If I just click a link that SAYS one thing but takes me to a different domain and give away my login/password, then I've been tricked. So, just don't do it. Don't click on links you didn't solicit.

For example, in your specific case instead of going to some website, I would engage with the apple Support team by going to Apple.com, Support and opening a chat with an Apple rep to report the email and find out what you should do. If the email is appropriate, and you didn't order the services, then your account has been compromised and someone got into it to buy this service. If the email is inappropriate and a scammer (most likely) then you will know, as will Apple. And you don't have to click on some dodgy link in an unsolicited email and fork over your password.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
All of your URLs have been removed to avoid others from clicking on it and getting into trouble. As noted by others, these are not valid and known as "phishing" scheme..as the name implies, they are trying to see how many "phish" will bite on it and most of these guys usually set up a website that looks EXACTLY like the real site they are trying to mimic. You enter your credentials, they save it and then claim the password was incorrect or something and redirect you to the real website where you enter the information again and it works. You assume you mistyped the password and don't give it a second thought.

Now the hackers have your credentials and it turns out that a lot of people use the same password on multiple sites so they can now exploit other sites as you and mess you up..

Reaction score
A hotmail address?

And "Dear clients ," ??

Notice how the email never says your name (cuz it's a spam). Legit order emails will always say *who* did the purchase.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As in posts 2 and 6:):p

Ian

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks all, just wanted to be sure. I did NOT input any information. I contacted Apple also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.