How to relocate files from itunes playlist

Reaction score
Hello

Im trying to gather / join my itunes playlist into an specific folder. Heres the deal, and maybe is the problem of downloading music every day and not having the time to organize were are they located, so, my downloads folder is full of songs since always. Then i play every time i download a song, trying to menage tags, and finding the playlist to put it on,

After some time, youll have a downloads folder full with XXXXX songs, so my question is: how to relocate this files, how to bring them all together into a same folder, named as the playlist in itunes. is this possible? Please help

Must say i dont like itues organize my music, cause im not used to that kind of organization.

Hope you can help me with this

cheers

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Create your folder structure like you want and import the songs into iTunes. Once there, you create a playlist based on tags/artists/whatever you want. If you download songs through iTunes, then it does put file into the Music folder using its own hierarchy, but it isn't going to mess with whatever structure you have on imports.

I have all of my music stored on my NAS as Artist/Album/Song1..SongN and I've used various programs to normalize the name and tag the files properly. Then I import that folder into iTunes and set the Artwork. So I play the songs, I rate them so that my smart playlist gets new songs all the time..

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but isnt working cause ive already imported/played my songs in itunes, what i need is to join all songs in a playlist into a new specific folder/location, im downloading music from beatport btw

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@pinocarrola

I have a slight confusion. Help me out please.

In your first post you said:
my downloads folder is full of songs

Then in your subsequent post you said:
ive already imported/played my songs in itunes

And then:
i dont like itues organize my music, cause im not used to that kind of organization

Well, it comes down to this: (a) do your own organisation and then import to iTunes. It will respect that organisation, or (b) if already in iTunes, then it will do some organising for you.

I would offer as an idea: import all your music to iTunes. If you don't like the way it organises the music, here's what do do:

Create a bunch of Smart Playlists - File > New > Smart Playlist.

Be creative. Smart Playlists might include Albums you are fond of, or Artists you like, or Genres that appeal to you, or a mix of styles (Country & Western, Rock, Alternative, Latin American, Classical, Solo Intrument, or years - 1980's, 2005-2012 ....). Mix and Match all of these categories. You can create as many Smart Playlists as you like and ignore iTunes' suggestions.

You are in control.

If you need help in the mechanics of creating Smart Playlists, come back and I'll post screenshots of how to do it.

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
@pinocarrola

I have a slight confusion. Help me out please.

In your first post you said:

Then in your subsequent post you said:

And then:

Well, it comes down to this: (a) do your own organisation and then import to iTunes. It will respect that organisation, or (b) if already in iTunes, then it will do some organising for you.

I would offer as an idea: import all your music to iTunes. If you don't like the way it organises the music, here's what do do:

Create a bunch of Smart Playlists - File > New > Smart Playlist.

Be creative. Smart Playlists might include Albums you are fond of, or Artists you like, or Genres that appeal to you, or a mix of styles (Country & Western, Rock, Alternative, Latin American, Classical, Solo Intrument, or years - 1980's, 2005-2012 ....). Mix and Match all of these categories. You can create as many Smart Playlists as you like and ignore iTunes' suggestions.

You are in control.

If you need help in the mechanics of creating Smart Playlists, come back and I'll post screenshots of how to do it.

Ian

hello Ian

I will try to be more specific cause its truth its not that clear

Every time i download music from the internet, thet go directly into my "Downloads" Folder. Then I use to play them on itunes directly from it location folder, which in this case is my download folder, (plus i have some other other folders in my music folder, which are already on itunes too). Then i create some playlists depending on genre for example. Now i have a bunch of playlists on itunes, which includes song from my downloads folder, songs from any other location folder etc. My deal is how to tell itunes or what ever other software to bring my playlist of "deep house" and gather/join all this files into a new folder, so now my deep house folder is packed with the files/songs from that specific playlist.

I dont use organize music by itunes, cause it will organize my music creating thousands of folders of N number of djs(artists), i think at least in this case i dont find it that useful, i cant do my organization now, cause theres already a lot of files everywhere in my computer

i hope i was more clear, thanks again for your reply

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
That should do it, Bob. Nice find.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.