Help!

B

Big Beard

Please HELP! I am quite new to the Apple world and need assistance.

I bought a G5 just prior to the Panther release. Has Jaguar presently including classic environment with OS 9.2.2.

I bought the Panther upgrade but have not yet done the install.

Need to run an application in OS 9.2.2 – as I understand the issue Panther does have classic but I will need to install OS 9.2.2 in order to run my application.

Problem is –I don’t have OS 9.2.2. I do have a ‘Software install and restore’ disc which came with my G5 but I don’t see OS 9.2.2 as a distinct application within the contents of that disc – also I don’t know if that disc will even work at all once I have installed Panther. (unless someone can tell me how to extract OS 9.2.2 from this disc so that I can install it as a separate application)

I guess I want to simply download OS 9.2.2 then install it after I install Panther. I don’t mind paying for the download but cannot find anything but Update’s which will not (I assume) install the complete )OS9.2.2 system as it states OS9.2.1 is required for the update.

I cannot find anywhere to download OS9.2.2? Please help.

Also please let me know if I am totally off base with this whole thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
OS 9 came with my G5. Sure you don't have it? o_O

sKaD

OP
B

Big Beard

sKaD said:
OS 9 came with my G5. Sure you don't have it? o_O

sKaD

did it come on a seperate disc or was it in the grey disc entitled "Power Mac G5 Software Install and restpore (includes Apple hardware test)"

I looked through the contents of this disc but could not see it as a seperate application. also not sure if the disk will work in Panther?

did you upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
You may be able to find it by mounting each restore cd and do a find with "visibility" turned on. Maybe System 9 is in a .pkg file inside of an invisible folder.

I was able to extract individual applications on my G4 restore cd's. I left the file name blank and turned visibility on. When the application showed in the list, I just dragged it to a volume.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Big Beard said:
did it come on a seperate disc or was it in the grey disc entitled "Power Mac G5 Software Install and restpore (includes Apple hardware test)"

I looked through the contents of this disc but could not see it as a seperate application. also not sure if the disk will work in Panther?

did you upgrade?

*shrugs* it was installed on my G5 already..

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.