New to Mac's Need to Purchase a new Mac for use in work

Reaction score
Hello,

I work for a small bank and they have asked me to try and find a few options that may be good to test a very unsophisticated program to deposit checks on a Mac. Can you all recommend which type of Mac I should get. I want the Mac to have a keyboard and mouse, I want it to be on the less expensive end, and lastly it needs to have a USB port for my deposit machine to function on it.

Any input with explanation would be appreciated.

Thank you,

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One place to start...is give us an idea of what the system requirements are for this "unsophisticated program" for depositing checks. Need to know this...so we have a better idea of what Mac models will meet the requirements.

Secondly. Since we are talking some serious financial transactions...we would want to only consider Mac models that can run the latest Mac OS (for the best security).

Thirdly. Let us know if you prefer a portable computer (laptop) or a desktop computer.

Considering these things. Just about any Mac model from at least the last 5-6 years could get the job done.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You can always get a keyboard, mouse, and monitor separately to save money, if you decide to get a Mac mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.