podcast

Reaction score
Hello. I am in need of some help. Myself and some friends are setting up a podcast and decided to use my Imac. i have borrowed a friends mixer for the mic's there will be 3 of use the mixer has the same cable as a printer out of the back but when i plug it into my mac nothing much happens. Is there some where i should be looking or doing something so i can get it to work. Thank

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What mixer? What does "same cable as a printer" mean? Is it a USB connection?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
the mixer has the same cable as a printer out of the back but when i plug it into my mac nothing much happens. Is there some where i should be looking or doing something so i can get it to work. Thank
I assume that you mean the mixer connects to the computer via a usb cable. If that's the case try the following:
1. Connect the mixer to a port on your Mac. In theory you could connect through a usb hub but personally I avoid that.
2. Connect the mics you are planning to use and power up the mixer if it is not already on.
3. Go to System Preferences and open the Sound pane.
4. In the input section there is probably now an entry that you haven't seen before. It probably says something like USB Audio Codec. Choose that.

You may need to fiddle with the mixer's settings a bit to get things right. You will also need to change the settings in your audio program as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.