Garmin MapSource for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch OSX 10.10.1, 3.2GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB DDR3 ram
Hello,

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Garmin MapSource for Mac??

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

Thank you for your post I will get back to you.

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello,

To clarify:

1. I am looking for a iMac-based open-sourced program to replace Garmin's MapSource function.
2. Garmin MapSource is only available for Windows-based PC, not Mac.
3. Garmin stopped supporting MapSource with their last update v.16.3 on October 25, 2010, at which time MapSource was replaced with BaseCamp software.
4. I have two Garmin Zumo 660LM gps devices that were built to be compatible with MapSource software (not BaseCamp). MapSource interfaces with City Navigator North America maps allowing users to create custom routes on a PC that can be transferred to the Zumo 660LM device.
5. MapSource is the only recommended software to be used with Zumo 660LM (not BaseCamp). Zumo 660LM devices are NOT compatible with Garmin's BaseCamp, a fact Garmin has reluctantly confirmed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I doubt you will find Mac open source software to replace Garmin's MapSource. Most folks nowadays use their iOS hand held devices in lieu of Garmin or other GPS units. Lots of software available for those. Both iOS and Android devices have a wealth of software available that can create custom routes.

I gave my Garmin unit away some time ago when MapSource was still available for the PC. Too bad Garmin stopped supporting it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.