G5 Hardware Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I'm thinking of getting the Dual 1.8 GHz, 1 GB Ram, Superdrive, 20" Cinema Display, etc...... Anyone know if the G5 comes with any speakers?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Adding to last message

...Just Adding this last bit of info.....

Even if it does I am probably going to buy the Kipsch 5.1 Speaker System

S

silentraven

I have a Dual 2Ghz. It comes with an internal speaker.

AND PLEASE do not get the Klipsch. I have them. They are horrible. There is a lot of static noise in them. I am connected to them digitally with toslink. I wish i could get rid of mine.

If you still want the Klipsch. I'll be happy to sell you mine for a cheaper price.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
isnt the internal speaker really bad?????

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
memory

i was just looking at Apple's memory, and realized why is it soooo expensive???

Can I use any 400MHz DDR Sdram with the G5 instead of paying another 250 dollars to go from 512 mb to 1gb??

J

jerodhusvar

ApplejustWorks said:
i was just looking at Apple's memory, and realized why is it soooo expensive???

Can I use any 400MHz DDR Sdram with the G5 instead of paying another 250 dollars to go from 512 mb to 1gb??

Yes, you can. Order your G5 with as little memory as you can and buy the memory from someone else (I recommend www.fastermacs.com.) You'll save a ton of money.

As to the internal speaker.... It basically is fine for alerts and the like, but if you're wanting good sound, get yourself a set of good speakers. I use Altec Lansing speakers.

Jerod

S

Sourcemine

THATS udder B/S... I had the Klipsch Promedia 5.1's, the amp went out and I upgraded to the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 ULTRA's free of charge from klipsch... they are great.

I also had the DD-5.1 DTS decoded, and run TOS /fiber out to the DD-5.1.

They are far better than the Z-680's.. the new Creative Labs are nice too.

R

RobDreugan

Sourcemine said:
THATS udder B/S... I had the Klipsch Promedia 5.1's, the amp went out and I upgraded to the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 ULTRA's free of charge from klipsch... they are great.

I also had the DD-5.1 DTS decoded, and run TOS /fiber out to the DD-5.1.

They are far better than the Z-680's.. the new Creative Labs are nice too.

I've got the logitech ones, they're great. No complaints at all here.

C

curious world

you have to buy them

You have to buy the speakers separately!! I have had the 20" cinema display delivered today and it is lush!!1 the G5 dual arrives next week. i can barely contain myself

M

Mac Apple

If your gonna get some speakers you should go for the harman/kardon soundsticks. The sound quality is really good. two thumbs up from me. :D

Soundsticks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.