iPhone-MacBook Sync

Reaction score
May Have Posted and received no answers. Sorry for redundancy if so.

If I delete photos and or songs on my phone to free up space, why do they re-appear? Is this iCloud
doing it's thing. I'd like to rid my phone of a large number of unintended music as well as quite a few photos. These
can go away from my MacBook too. How do I do this seemingly simple task?

Thanks for any help.

Wild

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, Wild

You are far from being alone in the complicated world of iPhones, music, photos and all the iCloud services that can be switched on or off.

First off, have a read of this article, see if any/all of it applies to you and helps - then come back and let us know. One way or another we'll sort it out.

Article: http://www.macworld.com/article/316...e-let-me-control-my-icloud-photo-library.html

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I may be able to help on the photos but no idea about music - probably something you have to sort through iTunes.

Sounds like you may have iCloud Library switched on.

To avoid what you are experiencing, enable iCloud Drive on both devices then tap into Photos and switch OFF iCloud Library (screenshots from phone).
IMG_9542.jpg IMG_9543.jpg

This will share pictures between phone and MB but allow you to delete from either Camera Roll on your phone, or PhotoStream anywhere, without them reappearing. However, they will be stored in Photos on your MB unless you delete them from the top level (Photos).
Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 15.25.43.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.