why is that, theres lots of it on ALL MY FILES

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
My wife laptop MacPro 6 has lots of pictures like this below on her Finder/All My Files and how do we get rid of it
Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 2.35.22 PM.png

I check INFO on mine and hers... I see difference so tell me how to fix it
My Wife's
Carolyn.png

Mine
Mine.png

Last edited:
OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Might help if I show this,
Hers
Carolyn.png

Mine
Ron.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Do not use the Finder with the "All My Files" option.

Are these images you want to delete?

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do not use the Finder with the "All My Files" option.

Are these images you want to delete?

Yes, looks like its RAW files, not sure if its from my computer to my wife but I converted all to JPEG... my ALL MY FILES are clean in compare to hers...

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My wife bought this used 2011 MacBookPro from eBay 10 days ago and it has 2016 software and I see strange things in Finder compare to mine. Not only that our bank account credit card has been hacked 2 times in 6 days, first one we went to bank and they said its hacked, we change ID and PW and that was Wednesday, again we got mail from bank that looks weird with wrong account number but names and address are ok, my wife went to bank and teller told her looks like its hacked again so wait til Monday.. I think its the computer because she pays online bill. I want to do clean install on her computer. I tried to make bootable drive from my computer using USB but could nt because I mistakenly removed Sierra from application folder so I went to Apple Store and download Sierra again and its now sitting on Launchpad not on application list. Can I make bootable drive from Launchpad?? ON my Bootable USB, I erased El Capitan using disk utility and now its blank. Now using Diskmaker to make bootable drive and I still see Yosemite and El Capitan on it?? Seems like it doesn't reconized Sierra on Launchpad?? Does Sierra have to be on application list?

Can I put in Sierra in Bootable USB from Launchpad??

Her MacbookPro Spec below
Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 10.43.27 PM.png

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Ron

As regards the last part of your last post - this has been debated a lot, namely - it seems that the Apple Store (AS) does not show your current OS under purchases; only the previous versions of the OS you have owned. So downloading macOS Sierra from the AS cannot be achieved whilst it is the current version on your Mac

I think this is because Apple wants you to re-download Sierra via the Recovery Partition (Cmd + R).

The article below describes how to do a Clean Re-install of macOS Sierra. A really good Time Machine (TM) and/or Clone Backup (BU) is essential. You should do this on your wife's Mac.

As there is a possibility of corruption of the OS, I would suggest doing the Erase, Reformat, Reinstall as per the article; but then use Migration Assistant (MA) to move over all your stuff.

Link: http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/26/clea...mail&utm_campaign=Feed:+osxdaily+(OS+X+Daily)

All the very best of luck.

Ian

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think this is because Apple wants you to re-download Sierra via the Recovery Partition (Cmd + R).
Is this clean install?
Can u explain how to do this making bootable drive or is it not needed, I don't want to reinstall

Continue holding OPTION key until you see a boot menu appear, choose the “Install macOS Sierra” volume from this menu<<<< I don't see Sierra there, Its all ElCapitan- Maverick- Yosemite even my USB Bootable Disk is BLANK ?? Where is Sierra?

I ve clean install before for a friend but this time is different because I have nothing in Bootable drive, not sure how to put it there. Sorry I m not sure

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hello again , Ron.

In post #7 you said:
I want to do clean install on her computer.

The article I linked explains how to do this. You don't need an installer (although having one would speed things up for sure). You can reboot on your wife's Mac holding down Command + R and this takes you into the Recovery Partition; from which you can re-download macOS Sierra. The article takes you through all the stages of a "Clean" install, meaning Erase, reformat, re-install. It's all there.

You don't have to go all the way. You could simply reinstall Sierra on top of the current one - it was you who mentioned "Clean Install" - and a Clean Install is probably advisable given the awful hacking of credit cards and so on.

And in answer to another question, no, you can't make a bootable installer via Launchpad.

To create a bootable installer, you need to download the OS in question and BEFORE it installs on the Mac, create it - easiest in my view is by using the free Diskmaker X.

But, as I said, you don't actually need a bootable installer to do what you originally posted - a clean install.

I your very last post, you said:
I don't want to reinstall

Now, I'm confused. Because there is no way you can achieve what you want without reinstalling Sierra - most conveniently via Cmd + R (as above and as per the article) - (you would need to download Sierra to create a USB bootable Installer as you don't have one and that can't be achieved on a Mac where Sierra is the existing OS - as you have found out).

Ron, I really do understand the awful things that have happened to your wife's Mac, and your attempt to rectify the problem and your concern about not having a USB Bootable Installer etc. Have a read of that article again, maybe. It's easy to follow all the steps involved, I think.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you open the Mac App Store, you can download Sierra. I have the installer in my Applications folder, and as it gets updates, I download the newer versions to overwrite the older versions. My bootable Sierra USB installer is still at 10.12.0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Whenever you purchase a used Mac, immediately erase and format the hard drive and do a clean install of the operating system, including setting up user account, admin passwords, strong WPA2 Personal encryption for networks

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In post #7 you said:

The article I linked explains how to do this. You don't need an installer (although having one would speed things up for sure). You can reboot on your wife's Mac holding down Command + R and this takes you into the Recovery Partition; from which you can re-download macOS Sierra. The article takes you through all the stages of a "Clean" install, meaning Erase, reformat, re-install. It's all there.

Ok using which one?? I want Clean Install, Below which should I click:
Re Install Mac or Disk Utility?? If disk utility, highlight Disk Image/ OS X X Base?? or Mac HD?, I don't believe its USB....then click Erased....right
Thanks for your patience, this is different for Sierra than others in past

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys, I successfully install clean Sierra on my wife's laptop and now she is happy and is using it. She refuse to use it as she didn't trust it.. oh well. I was nt sure how but got hep from Disk Utility...BINGO
Again Thank you
Ron

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.