PDA

View Full Version : Printing problems with Office for Mac 2016

tel851
02-23-2017, 12:42 AM
When I try to print a document in Word 2016 for Mac I do not see a document in the preview pane and when the printer runs it spits out blank pages. Other documents that I have in the same file print normally and show up in the preview pane. Anyone had this problem?

harryb2448
02-23-2017, 03:10 AM
G'day and welcome to the forums.

What Mac and operating system? How are you printing ~ wifi or USB cable? Does the image of the printer appear in Printers & Scanners > Print?

tel851
02-23-2017, 06:07 AM
I have an iMac with OSX 10.2 and the printer is connected by USB. The printer does appear in Printers and Scanners

chscag
02-23-2017, 03:22 PM
You are not running OS X 10.2 because Office 2016 will not install on any version of OS X before Yosemite. So how about telling us which iMac you have (year and model) and what version of OS X you're running? You can click on the Apple in upper left corner and select "About This Mac" and copy that info into your next message to us.

tel851
02-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Sorry, I have an iMac OS Sierra 10.12.3 Retina 5K

chscag
02-23-2017, 09:05 PM
OK, thanks for the corrections. You may be facing a reinstall of Office 2016 if your printer does not "see" a document selected from Word but yet the printer works OK printing other documents. Which printer are you using and do you have the latest Sierra driver installed for it? Also, make sure you've select the correct options for your printer when you go to print a document from Word. Normally, each printer has a drop down menu with options and selections. Usually, it will bring up the default but sometimes that doesn't happen with certain printers.

tel851
02-24-2017, 10:41 PM
I think I have found the problem. I opened the document and clicked on the print icon at the top of the page above
"layout", I then opened "Copies & Pages" and clicked on "Microsoft Word" then "Word Options" and highlighted everything except "Document properties". Now I see the document I need to print and it prints clearly. I have a Canon Pixma iP7260 Ink Jet printer.

chscag
02-24-2017, 10:51 PM
OK, good to hear that you resolved it. However, I'm surprised those options had to be chosen by you. Normally, those are default selections, but then, we're talking about a Canon printer and its driver. My favorite printer to dislike. ;)