• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

video so choppy

Reaction score
I used my phantom 4 pro for the first time today and when i went to go edit it and speed the footage up it was unwatchable. it was unbelievably choppy. i am shooting at 4k 60fps. can someone please help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Have you checked with the Mac phantom 4 pro web support site or called their support line???

What was the normal un-speeded up footage playback like??

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 iMac 27, 4Ghz i7, 1TB SSD, 32GB, M395X, Pegasus R4, 2015 MPB, 2x 2013 MacBook Air 13s
I used my phantom 4 pro for the first time today and when i went to go edit it and speed the footage up it was unwatchable. it was unbelievably choppy. i am shooting at 4k 60fps. can someone please help me

4k is 4x the data of 1080p, so unless your computer magically got 4x faster overnight it may be choppy and drop frames. If you are editing with Premiere Pro or FCPX you may need to generate proxy files to provide smooth editing on H264 4k content. See the documentation for each app. If your editing software does not have proxy capability you will probably need to externally transcode the content to a lower compression codec before importing and editing. I think the Phantom 4 Pro can also use H265 -- I would advise not using that since it is difficult to just play back smoothly, much less edit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.