PDA

View Full Version : Preview stalls consistently.

photogal
02-12-2017, 12:18 PM
All of a sudden when I click on a photo, it takes a long time for Preview to open it, and then when I try to close Preview it takes at least 30 seconds for it to close down. The photos I've tried to look at are not that large. I'm confused why this has just started happening.

IWT
02-12-2017, 12:48 PM
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, photo gal.

I realise that the last thing you want when asking for help is a list of questions.

But from our perspective, we have no idea what Mac you have (year & model); what macOS your machine is running and it would also help to know the amount of Memory (RAM) and how much free (unused) space there is on your Hard Disk Drive.

Whilst you are preparing answers to these, may I assume you've tried rebooting your Mac? And is the problem strictly limited to Preview? And does it occur only when viewing photos? Or when using Preview to open any file?

Sorry for these endless questions, but we need much more info.

Ian

photogal
02-12-2017, 01:04 PM
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, photo gal.

I realise that the last thing you want when asking for help is a list of questions.

But from our perspective, we have no idea what Mac you have (year & model); what macOS your machine is running and it would also help to know the amount of Memory (RAM) and how much free (unused) space there is on your Hard Disk Drive.

Whilst you are preparing answers to these, may I assume you've tried rebooting your Mac? And is the problem strictly limited to Preview? And does it occur only when viewing photos? Or when using Preview to open any file?

Sorry for these endless questions, but we need much more info.

Ian

Well! If all else fails, reboot! Why didn't I think of that. THANKS FOR reminding me that that is an option, always.

IWT
02-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Do you mean problem solved? That would be great news.

Ian