Blu Ray Burning for Mac - HELP PLEASE!

Reaction score
Can any Mac users help me please? Does anyone here know a good Blu Ray burning software for the Mac? I used to use Nero on windows and it was perfect but can't seem to find anything like it. They're all too basic and don't let you customise menus much. Any ideas? Really appreciate any help! (I've tried Roxio Toast and Leo but they're rubbish as they don't allow much customisation and am at the end of my tether :( )

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
G
Reaction score
Blu ray burner - mac

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I searched on Google SO many times and have been exhausted by the amount of links and pages I have searched on. Do you not know of any BD Burning software for the Mac that you could recommend to me at all?

I'm becoming desperate now haha

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Do you not know of any BD Burning software for the Mac that you could recommend to me at all

Well, yes.... Roxio Toast Titanium 15. It does the job very well, but you said it was rubbish. I've used it since the 12 version, I think. Way back, anyway.

In fact, over the last 3-4 weeks, Roxio has been offering this at up to 50 per cent off the normal retail price. Don't know if that offer is still extant.

I understand the frustration of Google at times; but my first Macworld Link above, mentioned lots of Blu Ray software options as well as detailing the Hardware requirements; and even mentioning how to Rip Blu Ray DVDs - when legal to do so.

Ian

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Ian,

I used to use Nero Vision for windows - which was amazing! You could do anything on that: customise the menus to either have a button, thumbnail or simply text function for the videos on the disc (Toast doesn't allow that - it doesn't even allow you to customise the name of the video. All it says is "My Movie" on each video on the disc so you can't even change it to even say something like "Holiday 2007 in Spain" or anything you'd like).

I produce short films and have managed to get a fan following for them and I like to put my film work onto Blu Ray along with their own covers etc. Nero allowed me to completely customise my menus with the background, an intro video to the disc, what font and text I want for the titles of each video on the disc. But Toast doesn't seem to do this. Can you help me? As you say Toast is good but if it doesn't allow ANY customisation then it surely is rubbish...

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello again.

I agree Nero was a star performer - way in the past for me, when I was a Windows user.

A points:

I presume you already know that to make Blu Ray (BR) disks, Roxio Toast needs a plug-in? From here: http://www.roxio.com/eng/products/toast/plugin/overview.html?redirect=plugin14

Of course you can make the name anything you like in Roxio - click in the box "My Movie" and type in anything you like. I've been doing that for years.

As to customisation, I most certainly have no where near the skills you clearly possess, but here are a selection of screenshots with drop down menus - I can't show every possibility of course:

sc1.png sc2.png sc3.png sc4.png

The more I investigated, the more choices I found; but I concede that your requirements may demand more.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Forgot this one! Just to prove you can name it what you like :)

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 14.53.47.png

Ian

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your help with this and taking the time to reply to me. I have used those methods before and have done precisely what your screen shots illustrate but look at your second screen shot (showing the menu with the various "my movies" listed. It's THAT that I'm mainly stressing about. You can change the title of the BD Disc but not those various movies on the disc. Instead of calling the video "part 1", "part 2" and so forth, every video will simply be named "my movie" which is absolutely rubbish, don't you think? Very little customisation :/ no way you can help with this one, please? :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If I am understanding you correctly you want to change the name that appears for each of the individual videos on the disc. is this correct? If so I think I have done this before.

It has been quite some time since I burned any DVDs and almost as long sing I burned CDs so I am working from memory here. I don't remember if you can click on the titles in that screenshot to change the names. If that does not work try either changing the names right after you drop the files into the main window of Toast or renaming the files temporarily renaming the files before adding them to Toast.

OP
G
Reaction score
Afraid it doesn't let you click on the titles in the screenshot nor does anything happen when dropping the movie files in at the beginning. The movie files show up as having been changed but when it comes to looking at the menu, they're suddenly ALL named as "my movie" which is perplexing me so much. :/

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah...

I think I understand - very slowly it has to be admitted, but then I did conceded your superior skills:)

You can change the Menu Title -

sc5.png

But I realise that you want a Part 2 and 3 etc. I've never gone that far.

I was assuming, looking at the graphic to the left, that was a Header followed by an infinite number of sub-headers; so you could have each part individually named. Clearly, you've tried this and it doesn't want to play.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful - well helpful at all in fact.

The only other suggestion is that Roxio does have FAQ and support on its site. Who better to ask.

Ian

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for your attempts, Ian. Sadly it doesn't seem as simple as we both imagined :/ appreciate all of your time and guidance though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.