First experience on the forum...

B

Badger

A new member with his first imac (used) wrote in for help. The first person to respond dissed his imac and offered no help for his problem. Is that the way we want to greet new members? It would seem to me that if we really want to build this forum as a community that we need to show more respect than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I think, for the most part, that this forum is already very cordial to Mac newcomers. There are a few posters that have an ego and refuse to do anything but (pardon the pun) badger switchers, but I don't think it's a problem yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the forum is open to the world and the world is filled with a-holes. something like that may happen on occasion but the very large group of friendly people will follow up with helpful information and also tell the person he is being a bit too harsh.

this place, as i am sure you have seen as well, is a very nice place
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Can't really do much about idiot members cept delete their posts, ban them, and give them spankings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.