Transfer between iPhone and iMac

Reaction score
Hello,

I have always just used email to send myself files from phone to computer and back, but then I found a useful program called Infinit that works great as a file transfer. I got an email from them last night saying they are shutting that part of their product down, so now I am wondering if there are any good methods to send files to myself other than email?

I found an article talking about using air drop but that didn't really work, and email is fine but if there is an easier method I would appreciate any input. It's not the biggest deal in the world as I don't constantly send myself files, but it would be nice to quickly be able to do it.

Thank you,
Wally

M

MacInWin

What kind of files? Some can be put into iCloud and they will show up on your iPhone, if it, too is connected to iCloud.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are many free ways to transfer files between your iMac and your iPhone. Just to mention a few: iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and others. Most of those services have a free allocation after which you pay. For example: iCloud gives you 5GB for free as does OneDrive. Jake already mentioned how it's done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have always just used email to send myself files from phone to computer and back, but then I found a useful program called Infinit that works great as a file transfer. I got an email from them last night saying they are shutting that part of their product down, so now I am wondering if there are any good methods to send files to myself other than email?

I found an article talking about using air drop but that didn't really work, and email is fine but if there is an easier method I would appreciate any input. It's not the biggest deal in the world as I don't constantly send myself files, but it would be nice to quickly be able to do it.

Hi Wally - you've already received great advice, so I cannot add much more - but concerning AirDrop, you've not provided specs on your hardware nor your installed macOS/iOS - the technology works well (most of the time) w/ the proper requirements - check the link given to determine if your problem may be in those areas.

Also, there are a number of apps that can assist in file transfer between Macs and iDevices - two that are often mentioned in this forum are iExplorer and iMazing - check the links, if interested (these are paid apps) - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
Yeah, as everyone else has said, if you have a Mac with the proper specs and OS version, you can just use Airdrop between your iPhone and your Mac, or connect with iTunes and transfer things that way (though Photos, Image Capture, or just the apps themselves if they match, like Pages files and the like). I also a variety of cloud services (mostly iCloud and Dropbox, occasionally OneDrive). I think you can find something easily, no?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.