Two mail boxes full of emails disappeared

Reaction score
Hi,
I keep 13 mail boxes (none smart) on the bar beside my incoming emails as well as the basic ones such as "Sent" They are "on my Mac". not in the Cloud. Recently they've disappeared and two called Rocovered Messages have appeared, which are empty. I've been into Time Machine, but all I can find are all the emails which came in on particular dates.
This is a MacOS Sierra(Retina SK 27-inch, Late 2014)
Please can anyone help?

greentick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are the emails from one email provider, or are there multiple accounts that are affected?

M

MacInWin

That was not the question. What Bob asked was whether or not these were multiple accounts FOR YOU, not who they came from. So, are they from one account, or more?

M

MacInWin

To restore from Time Machine for Mail, you first open Mail, then with Mail open, click on the Time Machine icon on the Dock. From there you should be able to go back to find where the last version of the missing mailboxes were to restore them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.