iTunes on different devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple LC, MacBook Pro, iPhone 6S
I have albums on an iPhone that I want to put onto my iPod. How do I do that as when I connect each device it just shows different albums etc and no way of transferring?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are the albums you wish to transfer located in iTunes on your MacBook Pro? If they are, you can easily sync them to the iPod. However, if they are only on your iPhone and not in iTunes on your MacBook Pro, you may need to use a third party application to do the transfer or copy to the iPod from the iPhone.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple LC, MacBook Pro, iPhone 6S
If I connect my iPhone to my mac/iTunes it shows all my stuff and same for my iPod. I just want to put albums from my iPhone onto my iPod .

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The fact that the same things appear in the iTunes list no matter which device you have connected suggests to med that the songs are on your Mac. To put the songs on your iPhone follow the same procedure as you did putting it on the iPad. Give this a quick read and choose the method that best matches your situation.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I connect my iPhone to my mac/iTunes it shows all my stuff and same for my iPod. I just want to put albums from my iPhone onto my iPod .

Just attach your iPod to your Mac, open iTunes, and then sync to the iPod. iTunes will fill the iPod with those albums you choose to sync. Be sure to select the option that you manually wish to manage your music.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.