I want to buy Mac Book Pro, I need advice

Reaction score
Hello, I want to buy Mac Book Pro 13" i5 (2011) but i don't know is it suitable for me to using Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effect, Illustrator, or Photoshop?
I also have a plan to upgrade my RAM and put SSD into it.

Any Advice?

Thank You so much!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Others will be better able to comment on how well these machines can do what you want. I haven't done a lot with Photoshop and Illustrator so I will leave that to others.

Speaking if your plan to upgrade ram and add an SSD check that out carefully before purchasing. Many of the current notebook models cannot be upgraded or at least it cannot be done easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest you check out the minimum requirments for the program/s you intend using, particularly the graphic card needs. The MBP is now six years old and is limited to 16GB of memory despite Apple saying 8GB at time of release. Download either Mactracker or EveryMac which will provide all details of all Macs produced.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think that the biggest drawback to a 2011 13" MacBook Pro is the integrated HD 3000 graphics hardware. Starting to really show it's age...compared to HD 6000 graphics in the newest MacBook Air's and Iris graphics in the newest 13" MacBook Pro's.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.