Copy Album info from iPad to Windows PC

Reaction score
Hi,
best Wishes for New Year

I want to be able to transfer all the photos from an iPad to a windows PC
i do not have the ipad - its my sons so limited access

Long story , i'm afraid

Windows PC using PSE8
using itunes copied all photos (about 2000 ish) and album info onto ipad in 2014
all photos and albums working fine on ipad - now on ios 10

windows pc crashed
replaced harddrive and managed to recover the PSE8 catalog file
But album info nolonger in this file !!!!
installed PSE15 and unable to recover albums
(Note: i tested this on two other pc and created albums - converted catalog file on new pc and albums worked on new PC)

so my only option is to see if i can import into windows 10 from the ipad
was told by apple support- i should be able to do that using windows photo app and import

connected the ipad to the PC
run photos app
import -
BUT it only saw the images that were in the camera roll actually taken on the ipad - NOT those that had been synced from itunes ????

i looked at the hardrive id from windows explorer and in DCIM could only see those images taken and not synced
Also tried looking via itunes - but could not work out how to see images on ipad on new itunes version ????

so question is

How can i copy all the images on an ipad and include all the album information, so they can be viewed via the albums on a windows PC

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
so question is

How can i copy all the images on an ipad and include all the album information, so they can be viewed via the albums on a windows PC

You should be able to copy those photos with an application called "iMazing 2". Be sure to download the Windows version not the Mac version. It's not a free app though, it will cost you $29.99 to purchase. (currently on sale) Go to their web site here.

OP
etaf
Reaction score
Thanks for a fast reply and also thanks for the link, i was hoping to do for free - i have seen a few pay for apps. copytrans

I will have to contact the support and ensure the Album info is transferred with the images - I have all the images, its the album data i'm missing

OP
etaf
Reaction score
i am in communication with imazing, not sure if this software will actually copy the itunes synced images - we are still exchanging emails !!!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.