PDA

View Full Version : Sent email

shanablema
01-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Is there any way that I can find out whether or not a sent email was received?

Slydude
01-07-2017, 12:52 PM
We really need a bit more information to answer that question well. What version of OS X are you using and what email program are you using?

If you are using the email program built into OS X, be aware that it does not as a general rule send a read receipt request. I think that can be added using third-party software such as this (http://ireceiptmail.com). There is also a Terminal command to enable this feature but I'm not fluent in Terminal commands.

chscag
01-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Most folks who receive email get annoyed if a read receipt is included and usually will not comply. Which is the reason why the Mac Mail program no longer offers that option. However, your Mac iMessage program notifies you when a message is received.

ferrarr
01-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Also, just because an email is received, it does not mean it has been read.

verdi1901
01-07-2017, 08:38 PM

I used to like the old Apple Mail (Leopard?) where you could bounce an email back without appearing to have read it!

JP

pm-r
01-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I used to like the old Apple Mail (Leopard?) where you could bounce an email back without appearing to have read it!

JP

And I really enjoyed using Eudora.app that could do that and a heck of a lot more than we seem we can do these days.

- Patrick
==========

pm-r
01-07-2017, 08:53 PM

Good point!!! ;)

Same for the Mac iMessage program as well I'd imagine.

- Patrick
==========

chscag
01-07-2017, 08:54 PM
I always advise those folks who don't like Apple Mail to try the free Thunderbird Mail program. Thunderbird offers more options and also includes a NNTP news reader in case you like doing FIDO or UseNet. Plus it's a cross platform mail program.

chscag
01-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Same for the Mac iMessage program as well I'd imagine.

Maybe... it's a lot harder to ignore an iMessage appearing on your iPhone or iPad because it pops out at you. But the receipt the sender sees only says "delivered".

ferrarr
01-07-2017, 09:06 PM
But the receipt the sender sees only says "delivered".
I believe that is only with iOS/macOS devices. Doesn't work with other OS versions.

chscag
01-07-2017, 09:36 PM
I believe that is only with iOS/macOS devices. Doesn't work with other OS versions.

That's correct. An Android owner receives the iMessage as SMS.

shanablema
02-13-2017, 04:19 PM
When I send a web site to read - it uses my old email address as the sender. How can I change it to my new email address? (*_*)