Web Design Serif Web Plus

Reaction score
Now I have started using my Macbook Pro (El Capitain) I had intended using Sherif WebPlus to design a good website but I cannot trace any Mac equivalent. I need software which I can design in house, is very professional and I agree before mounting on the host. I have searched this forum but most posts are old and inconclusive for a professional user.
There must be professionals out there who use design software on Macs....................can anybody advise, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Serif, quite simply, do not do Mac. Period.

You might try running Windows via BootCamp or an emulator.

OP
E
Reaction score
That is a real bummer, but thanks Harry. I'll continue my search for an alternative or use BootCamp.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Checkout this article from Macworld Magazine about Web design software: LINK

You might also want to look over "Rapidweaver" for Mac. A bit pricey at $99.00 but one of the best.

And by the way, it's not "Sherif", it's "Serif". They're still in business and publish one of the best photo editing programs for the Mac - "Affinity Photo".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You might also want to look over "Rapidweaver" for Mac. A bit pricey at $99.00 but one of the best.

Just a heads up of some problems some local higher end web users are having with the latest RW up here, but they are also using the latest Sierra.

Also have a read on some of the comments here:
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/13216/rapidweaver

I don't know if they have a working DEMO or not that the OP could at least try.

EDIT:
Or maybe something here — so hard to keep up these days…
http://alternativeto.net/software/serif-webplus/?platform=mac

- Patrick
==========

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I have started using my Macbook Pro (El Capitain) I had intended using Sherif WebPlus to design a good website but I cannot trace any Mac equivalent.

I posted this a few months back, but it's worth repeating!

This awesome Web site creation program is free (some extended features are only available if you pay for them, but none of them are terribly important), WYSIWYG (but there is a built-in text editor if you choose to work with the raw HTML, and it helps you by allowing you to add HTML commands with one click), easy to use (if you know how to use a word processor you will take to this program quickly), and full featured. It's great for beginners and experienced Web designers alike.

BlueGriffon (free)
http://bluegriffon.org/
It was fairly recently updated extensively.

Free video tutorial series:
(The tutorial does not use the Mac version of the program, but the program is virtually identical across platforms.)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC06B5890CFFF491C
Other free BlueGriffon tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bluegriffon+tutorials

BlueGriffon's user manual is commercial (not free), but it's not necessary if you view the above tutorial.

Now, here's the best thing about BlueGriffon...it can do something that very few other WYSIWYG Web site creation programs can do...it can import existing Web sites in HTML format. Why is that important? Because if you have previously been using a program that is basically a page layout program with an HTML converter on top of it you can only export your existing Web site from that program in either a proprietary format that nothing else can open, or you can export your Web site in HTML format. So, using BlueGriffon you can migrate from any other Web site creation program.

Even better, you can suck down the raw HTML from any existing site on the Web using something like SiteSucker, and use it as a template/starting point for your project. Basically this means that you have access to an unlimited number of free templates!

Some tips for using BlueGriffon:

1. When you first open it, the interface will look terrible. Don't get discouraged. Do this:
BlueGriffon menu --> Preferences --> General tab --> Theme -> enable "Light"
The interface will now look world's better! (Like any other good Macintosh program.)

2. The sidebar in the program isn't active by default. In the Panels menu choose Style Properties, and you should instantly get a sense of the value of the sidebar.

I hope that this helps. If not, just say so. There are a ton of excellent Web site development programs for the Macintosh. I can recommend a few if you like. It's just that BlueGriffon is extremely nice, for the perfect price. ;D

OP
E
Reaction score
Very grateful thanks for all this input...............and I apologize for the typo of Serif. I'll follow all this up.

OP
E
Reaction score
I have been looking at Rage Software's EVERWEB for web design. Seems to give me what I want to design in the application on my Macbook then release to the Web when agreed. Macworld gives it 4 star rating....................has anybody used this and got comments?
I am a beginner but need a professional looking result.

Reaction score
Have you tried Rapidwear7? Or at least search for a company that runs on Mac and try to find out what they're using

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.