Double Tap to Make Call From Recent Calls

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the Iphone 7 so that when I am scrolling through Recent Calls that I dont make a phone call when my fat thumb bumps the screen when scrolling?

I would be nice if when on the Recent Call page that you could change it so that you have to double tap or hold down on the caller you want to call.
I decreased the sensitivity but I have a Lifeproof cover over it and changing the sensitivity doesn't change its sensitivity. Any option other than cutting off my thumb?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there a way to change the Iphone 7 so that when I am scrolling through Recent Calls that I dont make a phone call when my fat thumb bumps the screen when scrolling?

I use one of these instead of my fingers. Also keeps your iPhone screen clean - no fat finger prints. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I use one of these instead of my fingers. Also keeps your iPhone screen clean - no fat finger prints. ;)

How do you not lose it? i can't ever find a pen!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How do you not lose it? i can't ever find a pen!

LOL. I buy them 3 or 4 at a time at a local discount store. My wife goes through several of them every month or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Makes me wish for an Apple Pencil Mini.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
May I add a +1 for Admin chscag's recommendation.

I got one for Christmas (the one shown on the Amazon UK site).

Terrific. For me the biggest bonus is when putting in my lengthy/complex passwords where it is so easy to mis-hit a key or the one next to the intended - and I have slim fingers.

I don't lose it , Sue, because I keep it home by my desk which is only place I would normally input PWs. Too risky in public places.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I don't lose it , Sue, because I keep it home by my desk which is only place I would normally input PWs. Too risky in public places.
Ian

In the house? That's like Alice disappearing down the rabbit hole!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.