This maybe my last iPhone! GRRRR!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook
Maybe someone can help me with my "durned" iPhone! When I sync my iPhone with my new Fords (2016) everything works fine! When I turn off my new Mustang & restart & try to use "Siri" I get the message "You are not connected to the internet" & Siri will not work! If I re-sync the phone it works until I shut off the car... then next time... "you are not connected to the internet"! I'm sure it is a setting on the iPhone, but which one! My whole family doesn't use iPhones & have very few problems, but I have constant problems with 2 new Fords!

Ford's fault of course.... I don't think so! When I 1st got the new cars I had no problems.... until an Apple Update! To me the iPhone is incredibly "buggy" as my wife & I have constant problems.

Here's a good one not Ford's problem: At night "Siri" responds to the TV when the iPhone is across the room in my pants nowhere near me! It also calls numbers I have not selected quite often. No... not a number next to it because I've touched the wrong areas! I will hit a favorite number on speed dial & it will dial a completely different number not even on speed dial/favorites! THE IPHONE IS IN CHARGE DAVE! JUST RELAX & ACCEPT IT!

So what's a good, simple reliable replacement for a iPhone???? I wonder if my old flip phone still works, but then it was designed just for making phone calls & didn't do my income taxes or plan a heart surgery.... what a concept!!!! APPLE.... STOP MAKING PHONES DO EVERYTHING ..... & LET THEM WORK PROPERLY FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT WANT A PHONE THAT WORKS!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It's not up to Apple to make the phone you want. You buy the phone you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Mr.D. do you ever think the world of technology has slipped you by as you did a Van Winkle? If you don't like the iPhone, and I don't, just use a common, everyday, garden variety mbile phone that makes, and receives, telephone calls. Problem solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Impressed with the Samsung Galaxy A3

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Mr. D

Taking up Harry's point (post #3), I doubt there's a "basic" phone on the market; but until you find one, you can easily disable most of those things which irritate you on the iPhone.

Siri, for a start. That'll stop all the messages. Notifications; Location Services; Control Centre; Mobile Data; Personal Hotspot; and more - you quite possibly don't want to, but the options are there. You can come close to a a device that just makes/receives calls +/- texts.

You say that the latest update is "buggy". What you don't tell us is which model of iPhone you have. I agree that the so-called "older" models can appear sluggish, but from iPhone 6 onwards, I've found the software to be trouble free.

And, again, what exact iOS are you running, just so we all agree on what is the "latest" and what did you update from (given that it was working okay then)?

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.