Adding videos to PDF files

Reaction score
I'm currently creating a presentation for school in Keynote and need to export the finished product as a PDF file. I've included necessary videos in my keynote file, however when I export it as a PDF they just become still images. I was wondering if there was any way to add videos to PDFs or keep them in their desired form during exporting on mac, since all of the solutions I could find were tailored for Windows machines. I'd really appreciate any help on how to do this(if it is possible), maybe there is some kind of app or site where it can be done.

Thanks
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm currently creating a presentation for school in Keynote and need to export the finished product as a PDF file. I've included necessary videos in my keynote file, however when I export it as a PDF they just become still images. I was wondering if there was any way to add videos to PDFs or keep them in their desired form during exporting on mac, since all of the solutions I could find were tailored for Windows machines. I'd really appreciate any help on how to do this(if it is possible), maybe there is some kind of app or site where it can be done.

Hi Alex - your dilemma piqued my interest (retired academic radiologist who used PowerPoint for many lectures), although I do not have an immediate answer or solution to your issue. I created a short 4-slide Keynote presentation w/ a 'movie' on one slide which played w/i the app, however, when exported as a PDF file and viewed in Preview, the video was a 'still image' as you have noted. Of course, the question is whether Keynote's PDF export algorithm permits a video save in the PDF file - seems not likely.

Now, I looked at Adobe's PDF support HERE (see attached screen capture), which indicates that video is supported if the PDF is made w/ their software. Hopefully, other members will 'chime in' w/ experience in this area to help. Good luck - Dave :)

P.S. welcome to the forum!
Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 6.18.22 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.