[Apple Family Sharing] Any way to be more flexible on payment?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
What I mean is, my whole family (wife, me, daughter) are part of the family sharing on Apple. Let's say my daughter, in a fit of independence, wants to pay for a app purchase on her own bank card, and not on mine. Is this possible? As we know it so far, Apple always charges me, not her, even though she has her payment information saved for her account. Like, she doesn't get a message asking her to choose payment method or anything in the App Store, or for in-app payments; she clicks once, and then it charges me, and I get an invoice later.

Folks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
No, unfortunately. She would have to leave the Family Sharing, to purchase on her card. Very frustrating.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
No, unfortunately. She would have to leave the Family Sharing, to purchase on her card. Very frustrating.

Quite! Like, sometimes, she just wants to buy something on her own. But still wants to be able to share apps and the like. Oddly constricting on payment options. I figured Apple would be just happen to take the money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.