Messed up Creation Dates

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am trying to import my videos and photos to Mac's Photos app. I like the idea of having your media sorted out by their creation dates and seeing your holidays and birthdays in a neat order. However I realised a lot of my files had their "Created" date are messed up due to some Windows copy paste issue in the past. So the "Modified Date" shows their true creation dates and Created date show some date in 2013. Now what I wish to do is copy modification date of each file to said files creation date so that I can see proper sorting in Photos app. Does anyone have any solution to propose for this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Take a look at File Multi Tool 5, available in the APP store. That should do the job for you.

Cheers Mitch

OP
R
Reaction score
Take a look at File Multi Tool 5, available in the APP store. That should do the job for you.

Cheers Mitch

Thanks. I just checked your suggestion. It looks exactly like a tool that I found after I posted the thread. It is called A Better Finder Attributes 6 which I purchased and was exactly doing the thing that I wanted. It seems like your suggestion is different only in name.

Thanks a lot..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.