How to configure "Safari Cookies"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
I have installed version 2 of Safari Cookies from https://sweetpproductions.com/safaricookies/ on my MacBook OS 10.10.6 with Safari ver 10.0.1. For instructional purposes, the Safari Cookies website includes four screenshots of the tab "Cookies" at Safari Preferences. After installation of Safari Cookies, my Safari version 10.0.1 does not include a tab “Cookies”. The beginning of the top row of their website’s screenshots is "General — Appearance - Bookmarks - Tabs ... Cookies". The Safari Preferences top row I see on my Safari is "General - Tabs - Autofilll - Passwords …” but no “Cookies”. (I realize different versions of Safari may have Preferences tabs in different order, but still there presumably is a way to get a tab "Cookies" added.)

I emailed Safari Cookies at the email address on their website asking for help, but the message was returned as “No Such User Here”. Now I am beginning to wonder about Safari Cookies generally, and I will appreciate any thoughts, including about any experience getting "Cookies" tab to appear on Safari Preferences after installation of Safari Cookies. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Looks like nothing happened on that product since October 2014.
I would uninstall it asap and be done with it.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by managing cookies ( with that product ) that you can't achieve with ' out of the box ' OS X functionality ?

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As McBie wisely suggest get rid of it today. They have folded their tent and disappeared into the night. You can handle cookies however you wish in Safari Preferences under 'Privacy'.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you both for your responses. I have followed your advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It seems like the suggestions might be the best, but if you get desperate, there seems to be a hack but that seems to be for El Capitan.
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/31018/safari-cookies

Other similar and more compatible apps listed under "Similar Software".

- Patrick
======

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can I ask why you're interested in "micromanaging" your cookies? Is there something in particular that's bothering you about how Safari manages cookies?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
van smith (and others): Thank you again for your help. In answer to your question, on Firefox ver 50 I use an add-on "CookieKeeper" which enables me to list which cookies I want Firefox to keep "indefinitely". All others are deleted at the end of each session (when I close Firefox). This is a helpful feature for banks and other sites that insist on being able to "recognize" my laptop as mine and not a borrowed unit at a public library or the like. In a word, the few cookies I need, remain, all the rest go. I have not yet been able to figure out how to accomplish that on Safari 10, and because the logo of "Safari Cookies" looked exactly like the logo of CookieKeeper, I incorrectly assumed they were the same company. Clearly, I failed to do "due diligence"!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.